Saturday, June 8, 2013

Welcome to Club Gushy

Last night I had a Girls Night In with a friend of mine. It consisted of bad food, alcohol, gossip and a chick flick. What would a girls night be without a chick flick? 

In this case, we pulled out the romances. We had all sorts of choices, but when I realized one of the girls had never seen it, I insisted on "A Walk in the Clouds." This is an 1995 Keanu Reeves movie that I love. Not only is it a visually beautiful movie, it's romantic and sexy. Which is funny, because there is no sex in the movie. However it is very sensuous. 

I won't bore you with the plot line of the movie in case you haven't seen it, but there are two scenes in the movie that get me every time. The first is when there is a frost (it's set in a vineyard). The main couple have to smoke the grapes to keep the frost from ruining the crop. Everyone comes out in their nightclothes, and puts on wings to fan the smoke. It is so sensual when she shows him how to help save the grapes, you just sigh.

The second scene is after the harvest. The female lead gets to crush the grapes and it is a dance. Fast forward they are both covered in grape juice, clothes all wet, when they run to a bedroom and kiss one of the sexiest kisses ever. It is so obvious they want each other that the screen sizzles with it. There's a problem though - he's married to someone else. He pulls back from their kiss and looks at her and says something along the lines of "I want you more than you could ever imagine, but I'm not free." Then he walks away. It gets me every time.

Anyway there was a lot of sighing going on during the movie last night. I'm a sucker for a happy ending. Seeing the big movie finale with a happy ending gets me going. In this case, this honorable, not to mention sexy, guy sacrifices his happiness for the woman he loves. (Plot Spolier) His was a wartime marriage - they knew each other two days and were separated for four years. When he came home they realized they had nothing in common and didn't like each other, but they were married. In the end, the marriage was annulled. Doesn't everyone want someone who is that loyal, even to their own detriment?

So I told a friend I was feeling all romantic and gushy last night. They responded "Welcome to the Gushy Club, We're happy you could join us." I said I didn't want to join the gushy club. I rarely get gushy at all. It's only in spurts. And I haven't been gushy towards someone in a very long time. 

Point of this is when I find the right person, the gushy will come out. It's in me. I just haven't found the right person to let it loose on - yet! At that point, I'll be a member of the gushy club, too.  Just not on Facebook. Never on Facebook. I'll keep my gushy to myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment