Sunday, April 17, 2011

My New Home

So after two months of agonizing about it, hours of searches and a day and half looking at apartment after apartment, I have found a new home.

It is unlike any place I have ever lived. It has stained concrete floors, stainless steel appliances, industrialized light fixtures and very unique bathrooms. I actually have two...count them...two linen closets. The apartment is 1199 square feet and includes reserved covered parking spaces. It literally looks like a box on the outside. No glamour, no shine, but on the inside it is "wow". It is only 15 miles from work and about a mile down the road from my friend Cappi.  It's not as close to my lil' sis' location, but she is moving anyway. My sponsor came to save the day by telling me they work early in the morning, long days and so they can have short Fridays and maybe every other Friday off. I can deal with that.  I can really deal with it.
  
The last few days I've have been all over the place. Inside 410, outside 1604, north central, Alamo Heights, northwest and the northwest side. For the record, I will be living on the northwest side. Now I just have to complete all my prep and schedule the move. We took pictures of the model so I'm including them here today. The only different is the model has carpet, mine doesn't.

I am very exhaused, but I had a good time this weekend. I went out and had a lot of shots. Only because it was my birthday. Lots of people purchased shots for us in honor of my birthday. This one cute boy asked for my number. Boy being the key word. There was miltary everywhere. A majority of my neighbors also work at Lackland AFB. I got to know the area I will be living very soon. Here is to good friends, fun times and hopefully a date or two in my near future. Arkansas has not been good to me in that regard. I can't wait. But for now, I must sleep so goodnight to anyone who cares.

No comments:

Post a Comment