Monday, April 25, 2011

The Great Flood and Moving


The driveway next to my mailbox. Idiots were driving through this.

My place looks like a tornado hit. Fortunately, the tornado missed my apartment last Friday. I did see a funnel cloud. It was so cool. I not only stayed outside for the entire tornado warning, I took my dinner outside and ate while I watched. Now the entire hour is drowning. They are saying this is the worst rain since 2004. My apartment complex has very high water in the parking lot and it looks like something backed up because there is trash everywhere.

Alas I digress, again. I am going CRAZY. I have too much to do, and not enough time to do it. I need to go through boxes, shred old documents, separate packing from non-packing. Pull out enough clothes to wear for a week - work and play clothes. I have no guarantee my furniture will get to me in time to start my new job. I may buy a love seat sleeper for my office just so I have a place to sleep. Not that my friends would let me sleep on the floor. I think. I have made an appointment to get my hair colored before I start the new job. I have a date with my friend to watch "The King's Speech" on Friday night, and my first running date on my move it day. I'm told I do not have to run. Not that I could. I'm considering training to run a half marathon, so something like that. Another lifestyle change. Since Cappi & I will be in the same neighborhood, we will keep each other motivated. I hope.

This is kind of random tonight. I am exhausted. The pace is beginning to wear on me. I can't even gush about the things I'm really excited about because my happy will make someone else sad. Someone left a note for me today, and all I wanted to say was hire him, hire him. He's awesome and nice. However I have no say, and I have to let it go. I've led them to water, now they have to figure out how to function without me. It will take everything in me not to call Brad and remind him to do something.

I really wish it would quit raining. I have people who want my furniture, but can't get to it because of the rain. If the furniture is gone, maybe I can separate out the stuff that shouldn't be packed. As it is, the record breaking rain is getting on my nerves.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment