Sunday, January 8, 2012

What is talent?

As some of my new San Antonio peeps prepare for a whirlwind week competing for slots in Tops In Blue via the Air Force Worldwide Talent Competition, I keep on thinking about talent and what that really means.


I know so many talented people. And talented in so many ways. Talent doesn't come in just one form. I'm surrounded by many musically talented people. And some wonderful dancers. I have a few friends who are wonderful photographers. Other can make a computer dance.  A few are talented writers. And some are so quick-witted that I don't know whether to laugh or be envious. 


Talent comes in many forms shapes and sizes. And everyone has some kind of talent. It just may not come in the form you wish. I feel like I'm not great at anything, but good at a few things. Of course that is a matter of opinion. I'm  decent writer, and I worked my butt off to become one. It wasn't easy. I also took singing lessons for a year to try and become better at that. I'm still not real consistent (see below). 


To those people with natural talent, I envy you. For those who don't have natural talent, develop it. Hard work makes all of the difference in the world. Do whatever it is that makes you happy. Embrace it, and it will make you happy. 

So this is me singing a song I've been working on. It is in no way perfect. There are some rough spots, but overall I'm pleased with this. It takes a lot for me to put this out there. I do have a YouTube channel, but only because I wanted to comment on friend's videos. So if you are interested: http://youtu.be/rkCEBfzWVr8


Break a leg to my peeps competing in Worldwide this week. I'll be there to cheer you on if I'm physically able to get there. You are all very talented. 

No comments:

Post a Comment