Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Revert to Type

Everyone has a type. We all fall into some kind of category. And in this case, I'm talking about physically. 

I'm a curvy brunette/red head with a big butt. I'm tall, and in no way could be considered delicate. My ex-boyfriend said I was common. Someone like me could be found anywhere in Texas (brown hair and blue eyes). Needless to say, I got rid of him. Who wants to be with someone who thinks you're common? 

I personally find many different types of men attractive. As I said the other night about "The Voice," those three are three different levels of hotness. Blake Shelton is just adorable, Adam Levine is sexy as all get out, and Usher is just hot. As far as body type, I would tend to go towards an Usher, but as for looks and coloring, Adam Levine is my guy. Except he's way too skinny for my tastes.

The difference is there are many men I find attractive, but as far as attraction goes, I find myself reverting to the same type over and over again. This is not to say there aren't exceptions, but look in my photo albums some time. Many of my exes are the same type. 

Why is this? I think there is something in our genetic makeup that programs us to attracted to a certain type. Instinctually our bodies respond to one type of stimuli. I can't say some of my exes are what society deems hunks, but to me they are exactly what I want and need. Even the ones who diverge from my typical type, have similar personalities. I've dated quite a few engineers and computer people. This is because I'm attracted to way their minds work. That can be the biggest turn on of all.

Recently someone asked me if I was interested in a certain person. I'm trying to be cool, you know, and basically said I liked him as a person, but I wasn't sure if there was any chemistry. However, I admit (to myself at least), that physically he is exactly the type I go for. I just won't tell him that. I'm a little predictable that way. But someone who doesn't know my dating history, wouldn't know that. I've only been in SA for two years. Only a few people know who I've dated since I was in town, and could compare them. They all have something in common.

I think everyone has certain features in people they are attracted to normally. A butt man isn't going to go so someone skinny, and a boob man isn't going to be satisfied with bee stings. I don't particularly like skinny men (my last ex had the skinniest legs, and I hated them, but his upper body made up for the skinny legs). I like to feel - not delicate - but dainty. So a man who can pick me up, does it for me. I am tall and I'm not skinny. A man who can make me feel like I'm nothing does major things for me. 

So, as always, I revert to type. And oh what a type!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hmm interesting... I want to agree but at the same time I think of the guys in my life and they're pretty diverse. I guess if you took it more broadly that there's a range we tend to stick within, that makes more sense. Physique-wise I've liked everything from kind scrawny to sorta pudgy... but it's all within a certain range.

    When it comes to other features, I guess that doesn't matter as much. There were some way taller than me, some a bit shorter than me, and everything in between. Hair and eye colors ranged from golden to dark brown/black. Educational background ranged from high school to college and beyond. Personalities ranged from tough guy to feminine/gentle. But I guess there are certain features I tend to prefer?

    ReplyDelete