Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Crossroad

I'm updating this from my phone so please excuse any typos. 

How often in life do you question your actions? Wonder if you did the right thing, or the wrong thing? Over-Analyze a conversation?

I caught a glimpse of my past today. Parts which I have always questioned my actions. I know even now, I would have done it differently. I couldn't live with the guilt I felt at the time, so I took certain actions. I have always had regret. 

Years later it was revisited, and I was left with the impression it didn't matter as much as I thought it did. I left that brief encounter thinking boy had I done the right thing. 

Tonight, I heard the other side of story, first and second chapters. It has given me a lot to think about. 

You can analyze and pick apart everything you have said or done in your life, but you can't change a thing. And without someone else confirming or denying their reactions to your actions, you will just end up frustrated. 

I know in my heart, I did the only thing I could do at the time that would allow me to sleep at night. If doesn't take the regrets though. As I've said before, timing is everything. 

In the meantime, I will go to sleep knowing I made an impact. 

No comments:

Post a Comment