Monday, March 28, 2011

First Day Back

So I finally went back to work today after three long weeks out of the office. My return was really anticlimatic. My boss was sure glad to see me, though.

I planned on reviewing resumes as soon as I got into the office this morning. That did not happen as planned. It seems that while I was out of the office on LOA, they deactivated my account so I couldn't access the GRS (global recruiting system). Our HR group had to reactivate me before I review resumes. It takes an overnight update to put me back into the system. What a pain the bobo. Oh well, tomorrow IS another day. I guess I will start searching for my replacement tomorrow. The sad thing is that my boss, and my boss' boss both asked me about reviewing. It is will be my project. I hope to set up interviews early next week if we have some good people. I really want someone lined up before I leave.

Instead I had to spend my morning getting reactivated and attempting to correct the mess that has been my pay for the past three weeks. Really, it is really so difficult to get time right? I said sick time, personal time, vacation time - in that order. How did they end up using vacation time, leaving personal time and sick time? And the time wasn't even right. Too much time one week and not enough time the next. As a wise friend of mine said today, "Do they not realize they are messing with peoples lives?" I think no. Another co-worker was shorted 15 hours this week too.

Alas, I must go to sleep. I have rehearsal tonight and I'm beat. Mystery Dinner Theater Friday April 1st and April 8th at the Bella Vista Country Club. Ask me about it if you are interested. It is a really funny show, and I get to play a clown.

Until next time -- Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment