Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Murder, you say?



Kim, Anna and I "clowning" around.
So, I'm preparing for my last performance with Village Players, and I'm very sad. I've been performing with VP since 2005, starting with Cinderella. My final performance will be our Mystery Dinner Theater ("MDT") presentation of Bubbles the Clown's Last Giggle by  the Village Players' own Mike Mondl. Mike was also my director in Cinderella.

I've attached pics of us girl clowns playing around with our makeup. I never realized how hard clown makeup is to put on. It's such a pain. And it itches, but it is so worth it. My role as Pinkie the clown is one unlike any of my others. And we have a wonderful cast. I am so grateful my last play will be with some of my favorite people.  I'd like to thank a few.

Pam, el capitán, is our director. The MDT was originally scheduled for last fall, but our venue closed down, so we had to cancel. Then I had to go and find another job out of state. As soon as I told Pam, she went to work and made arrangements for us to do the show. She even worked around my surgery. Thanks to Pam for being so accommodating to me.


Kim, Anna and I mugging for the camera.
 Tom was one of my first VP friends. He was the King in Cinderella. He befriended me all tose years ago, and remains the director who gave me the chance to get out of my comfort zone and sing in 1940s Radio Hour.  My stint as Geneva Lee Brown (the Ella Fitzgerald - like club singer) was the scariest role I've ever played. Who would have thought of me singing on stage in a musical? Not me. I still get the shakes when I do karaoke. My only regret about the show is no one in my family saw me perform. Thanks to Tom form giving the chance and confidence to sing in public. Heck, you boosted my confidence period.

Anna with the chicken.
Finally, I would like to talk about Anna. I miss Emily, Dylan and Cole. So much. I regret that because I took the job here in Arkansas, I have missed the older two growing up. Cole is quite there yet, but Emily and Dylan are 18, graduating from HS and preparing for college. They are adults now, and I didn't get to be there for the fun times. In walks Anna, at the Fiddler on the Roof auditions in 2008. She was so adorable. I adopted Anna for my "replacement" Emily. Anna could never replace Emily, but she did help fill a void that was left inside me by leaving Ennis. I've watched her grow up. She is now a very mature 16 year-old. I am so glad I have the chance to do one last show with her. Thank you, Anna, for brightening my life. Your vivacity, good attitude and humor have been a welcome addition to my time in NWA. I will miss you.

I will miss performing with my friends, but for now we are having a blast. The MDT will be held Friday, April 1st, and Friday, April 8th, at the Bella Vista Country Club. Please see the VP website at http://www.bvvillageplayers.org/ for tickets ot more information.

I know I'm not really a pretty clown, but I will be a funny one.

1 comment:

  1. Great pics! And you're quite a fetching lil' clown, Pinkie!!

    ReplyDelete