Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Misadventures a/k/a WTF???

A blown head gasket. A phrase no car owner wants to hear. Ever. I really didn't want to hear it today when I the garage called. I'm supposed to leaving for San Antonio tomorrow, but today I found out I may not even be able to drive my car for a few days. I'm may have to rent a car drive it to SA on Friday, then drive back to Ennis to get my car and return to SA on Sunday only to return to start my new job on Monday. Yikes.

The blown head gasket is in addition to the rotar replacement fiasco on Monday. Let's recap - I was late for the movers twice. I spent $1,200 on maintenance and new tires only to have to take it back a few days later. I give my cats valium, and instead of knocking them out, it makes them cry and stay away all day (and all night) long. Oh, and they changed the deliver date for my TV and now it's possible I won't get it in time for Daddy to drive it to SA. My car has been towed to Dallas, I had to cancel my hair appointment for Friday and I'm in danger of not being able to get my apartment keys in time for the movers to get on Saturday. I'm not having a great time.

BUT...

In an un-Laura-like fashion, I'm going to look at the bright side. I get to spend more time with my dad and my family because of this. I'm going to get to see Emily play tomorrow night. Dylan and I are going to see Fast Five tomorrow. I was able to get a hair apointment in Ennis tomorrow morning. Jax and Jessie have calmed down a little. I will get to save money on boarding costs. Basically all good things. I think this is God's way of telling me to slow down and rest. I need to rest, and if I had gone to SA tomorrow, I would have run for two more days. Instead I might get to nap again. And a nap is a blessed thing.

Goodnight and God bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment