Sunday, May 15, 2011

A non-starter week

What a week. I can't believe I made three trips to Ennis in one week. After six years of living in Arkansas, I think three trips (one from the north and two from the south) is a little excessive.

I have started my new job, but I was immediately placed on administrative leave because I have no access to anything and can't do a thing until I get a security card. The only thing they were able to do it get my paperwork to put me on the payroll. I did get introduced at a big meeting on Friday, but that is about it. Tomorrow is the first possible day I can get my security card. I will call in the morning, but it doesn't seem likely. I have new employee orientation on Tuesday to learn all about my new benefits. Those are the same benefits I can't sign up for until I get security card. Once I get the card, then I get to do a lot of paperwork to get equipment and other things, then I will be able to start the job.

I have gotten lots done this week. I have purchased a new w/d. I haven't owned one in about 10 years. I gave my last set away to others. I also got an iPhone. Finally. I have been wanting a smart phone for awhile, so I got one. I'm enjoying it immensely. Life is good.

I wanted to post an update. I have so much I still have to do. I will try to get everything done here quickly, but I really did give away most of my furniture. I will just do what I can and make due for now, until I find new pieces. My bedroom is together, but my office is a mess. Oh well, maybe I will really get to start my job next week.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment