Monday, May 23, 2011

Running Out of Time

I'm not really running out of time. What I am doing is running. It's not official, but I am joining a run club. The purpose of the club is to train for a half-marathon. You can pick your jaw up off of the floor now. Yes the queen of klutz is trying something new.

The thought of running has interested me for some time. I have several friends who have started running and have loved it. Even friends who are completely nonathletic. The friends I have who have started this have really liked it. So here I go. I will officially join this weekend.

Running appeals to me because it is solitary. It is you against yourself. I have no ambition to run a marathon. I don't want to kill myself. This program slowly works you up to the 13 mile mark. I also understand that at no time during the program do you ever run the entire 13 miles. The program is 26 weeks. A really long period of time. I think I can do it. I'm trying to use the power of positive thinking. Again, I remind you to pick your jaw up off of the floor.

It's a new adventure of a different kind. I didn't run outside today, but I did run on the elliptical for 15 minutes. My homework was to run. They didn't specific how I had to do it. Wish me luck. Knowing me, I will probably need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment