Sunday, September 11, 2011

Busted...

Not really busted, but I will admit I was attempting to keep a certain situation on the D/L. I will not discuss it here either except in the concept of my theme today - lectures.

Last night I did the responsible thing - I didn't drive while intoxicated. As a result of my responsibility, I made it home without my car. My car spent the night, and most of the day at my designated driver's house. I was busted because I had to call multiple friends this morning to try to get a ride back to my car. Can you say embarrassed? I did the right thing though. I had no business driving last night. Heck I really had no business drinking either, but we don't always do what is best for ourselves.

The last two weeks or so I think I have had more lectures from my friends than in the last 10 years combined. And all on the same subject. The only difference is the various lectures were based on various degrees of information. Those who know me know I over analyze everything. I had to really think about my current situation before coming to a decision on what course of action I was going to take. I had to think about how I would deal with things. I also feel lighter and freer about everything. Especially today.

Believe me I know these lectures come out of love. My current situation is not ideal, and I really don't need you to tell me that. What I need from my friends is understanding that I am a big girl and can make my own decisions. I do actually know what I'm doing. I have thought it through. I am aware of the consequences of my actions and the possible repercussions. Duh - you know I overanalyze and worry -- do you really think I haven't thought it through?

I love you guys though. I am so grateful I have friends that care enough about me to lecture me. And now that I'm completely busted, at least among some new friends, I'm taking a saying that one of my friends told me at the end our her lecture the other day - Let me, "DO ME." 

No comments:

Post a Comment