Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Do I have an ego?

Recently I have been contacted by several strangers on facebook. Some are app buddies, those people I have added as friends in order to further achieve goals on various games. Others I have no idea where they came from. I'm friendly enough when I want to be, so sometimes I will chat with these strangers. As long as they aren't freaks, I do not seem the harm.

However, again recently I have been getting those who want to do more than chat. Those who are making innuendos and straight out asking if we can spend time together. One even asked me to be his girlfriend (sorry if you are reading this). One friend is different. We regularly comment back and forth with each other and I have even pointed out his nice posts to various friends and even my dad. Not long after someone asked me to be their girlfriend, this friend instant messaged me and asked if we could talk. He'd like to get to know me better. I responded - as long as you don't ask me to be your girlfriend. LOL. I thought it was funny.

Fortunately, he looked past my rudeness and I feel I have made a good friend. I'm even talking to him on the phone. Last night he told me his first reaction when I made the girlfriend comment was look at her ego. Who does she think she is? Then after talking to me he realized it was because I kept being approached. However, I do have an ego. To a certain extent away.

I can say without bragging or any ego whatsoever that in the past 16 months I have quit smoking. I was a pack a day smoker for about 18 years. That is a huge accomplishment. To add on to that I have lost over 75 pounds without surgery. I have literally worked my ass off. And I am not small. I will never be small. I'm 5'8" and almost 40 years old. My goal was to look better at 40 than I did at 30. You can be the judge of whether that is true or not, but I feel better. I'm run/walking, taking Zumba, lifting weights and even doing squats.I can really get low and I can hold myself in that position. I feel strong and capable. I don't feel like I can't walk down a mountain.

I feel like maybe I can climb a mountain. So sue me if I enjoy a very cute sailor who is only 21 flirting me. Excuse me if I enjoy a little attention. Excuse me if I want a little attention. I promise you I am a wallflower who usually fades into the background until I decide I'm tired of it. Another friend said I'm like a butterfly coming out of my cocoon. It's true.

So if I feel good about myself and have a little bit of ego, just let it go. And know I have a big enough ego, that I won't put up with someone ignoring me for long. Life is too short to waste time.

1 comment: