Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Jealousy much?

I hate to blog when I'm already up too late, but I have been neglecting the stories of my babies - Jax and Jessie. Jessie rarely does anything interesting, but tonight Jax pulled one I have to share.

Anyone who know Jax knows he is mean and most unfriendly. He rarely gets close to people, but when he does he is likely to hiss, spit and growl at you. The effect of this behavior is usually white knuckle fear of Jax for the rest of his existence. Most people are scared of him, but others adore his mean ways.

Basically Jax keeps company out of my house most of the time. I'm ok with this usually. Jax's bad behavior is usually directly proportional to the amount of fear a guest is feeling. The worse the fear him, the worse he acts. It is embarrassing.

Earlier this year I was blessed with a guest who had no fear. The friend who brought me home from my hospital stay had never met Jax. After we got home and put me in bed, she laid down next to me. I was going back to sleep, so she decided to take a nap too. Jax crawled up on the bed (carefully avoiding all of my incisions) and laid in between us. He faced her to make sure she didn't hurt me, but he was cuddled against me. The did the same thing when my sister came to visit and she slept in my bed with me. He got in between us and guarded me.

Jax basically only cuddles with me and rarely even will show people he can be sweet. Tonight, however he did something I have never seen him do -- He crawled into someone else's lap to lay down. Granted I was right there, but Jax actually curled up half on me and half on someone else. He then proceeded to meow a lot and look daggers at my friend. I didn't think of it until my friend said Jax was jealous.

Jax has been acting really strange and crying and basically being a pain the ass lately. Now I know why. He is jealous. He doesn't like sharing me very much. At least this time, thank goodness, my friend falls on the "I'm not scared" end of the spectrum. Even so, I afraid Jax was attempt to bite, so I didn't let him stay there long. Jax just isn't used to someone else having my attention. Poor guy.

How sad is it that the single thing I have wanted Jax to do his entire life finally occurs, but its caused by jealously. Still - he was cute trying to guard me tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment