Monday, October 17, 2011

Dating Disasters

You know I'm pretty honest about my dry spell on the dating front in Arkansas.  Arkansas didn't like me very much, and I won't lie -- I didn't like it. It is difficult living in a place where you are not interested in anyone, and the ones interested in you are such losers, you rather be alone.

I remember one time in AR, when this particular guy was hitting on me. He was funny, I guess, in a crude type of way, and I was totally in love with his daughter. Except I watched him neglect his daughter. I watched him drink and party while his daughter was all alone. I sad no multiple times and one of my friends called me a snob. I may be a snob, but that same guy ended up knocking up not one,  but two of his babysitters at the same time because he paid them with sex instead of money. Classy guy, don't you know. I'm devastated I missed out on such a winner.

Fast forward to San Antonio. Things have definitely picked up on the dating front, although I'm not sure the pickings are any better. Eligible, ineligible, long-term potential, short-term potential -- the possibilities are endless. I promised myself when I moved here, I wouldn't be as picky. Basically if someone asked, I would say yes. You never know when the spark might happen. I really hate pursuing anyone myself, and it is rare that I meet someone I would be willing to pursue.

I'll admit I've had a crush since I moved here and I have pursued to a certain extent. Crushes can be fun, and for the most part, this one has been. I will not let this deter me on my current path though. Which brings me to this week. I have a friend who has a friend she has tried to set me up with. This friend of a friend, however, witnessed me with out someone else one night. That particular night I had way too much to drink and wasn't very discrete. I really hate pda, but that one night, I wasn't thinking about image. As a result the friend of a friend thinks I'm easy. I'm sure of it. Especially after the other night. At one point I had remove the guy's hand from me. I didn't know this guy was coming out the other night, and I didn't plan on a double date. He's nice, but he thinks I'm easy. I'm not. I don't think that will work out as he has the completely wrong opinion of me.

This leads me to my date this weekend. He was smart, reasonably attractive, successful and funny. The date went well and he asked me out for a second date. There was only one yellow flag during the date, and I was willing to overlook it long enough to give him a second chance to redeem himself. (Side note here - Being male and in theater does not mean you have to be gay. That's a stereotype, and a bad one.) The red flag came later in the night. I went out on a lunch date with this guy. Afterwards I went home to lay down because I'm kind of sick. He started texting me about 10 p.m.

At 10 p.m. I was texting a couple of friends of mine because I was sad about my mom, so I was texting friends when I got this bad text. His first question was why I had never married or why I hadn't been swooped up. He said he didn't understand how someone like me -- attractive, smart and a women who carries themselves well, hadn't been snapped up. Not so bad if he had left it at that. He then proceeded to ask me if it was because I couldn't boil water or I suck in bed. REALLY? Is that something you ask someone you just met. One of my friends called him a douchebag. One called him that with a capital D. This guy then continued to tell me about all of his bad dates and said he could write a book about it.

Not a winner. His gay theater people comment was bad enough. I had already figured out I couldn't be with someone who had that kind of judgmental attitude. Prejudice is not something I tolerate in a significant other, or frankly in an insignificant other. But really - do I suck in bed??? I can't believe I was asked that question. With those kind of people out there, it's a wonder I am single. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment