Saturday, October 15, 2011

For Adults Only

Last night I posted a status update about auditions. I really didn't intend on auditioning for the Night of One Acts for the Lackland Performing Arts Group, but after reading a couple of the scripts, I have to say I'm very excited. I haven't laughed at a script like that since "Barbecuing Hamlet" for the Village Players back in 2006. 

When I walked in last night, a script was thrown at me. I was told they needed someone uninhibited for a particular role. Others had already said no. Frankly I was intrigued. When I went in to read, they explained this role was as far from Mrs. C as a person could get. They were right. pr.  Now the actor is a married man, not the character (at least I don't think so. I haven't actually read the entire script.

They also asked me if there were any words I didn't feel comfortable saying on stage. I had to laugh...The Village Players sanitized everything. I'm not used to being able to actually cuss on stage. Now - I think I might have to ask my dad not to come to this one if he gets offended easily. Maybe not anyway, because both of my roles are a little risque. And the short one I read all the way through is hilarious. I can't wait. There will be lots of giggling going on at the beginning. I will have to keep a straight face through some lines that make my honeymoon/wrestling line look innocent. However, I won't have the same baggage this time.

So I get to pretend to be nude on stage - Can you say spray tan? And my bed mate will either be a good married friend or a strange married friend. Should be interesting. I really can't wait. I was planning on doing something else instead of this, but I couldn't get the information I need to commit to the other performance. I may still be able, but won't know for a few weeks or so.

I think this For Adults Only Night of One-Acts will be fabulous. And I finally get to do something provocative for real. I really will be needing that trainer...I've got to work on my arms. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment